The Gabzter

Hello & welcome to The Great Gabzter's blog.I hope you enjoy looking round my FANTABIEDOSY site!

Sunday, June 10, 2007

hello!
In English we have been reading a book called 'the amazing maurice and his educated rodents'. It's about a talking cat and lots of talking rats. The cat is maurice and the rats got their names off old food cans and packets so they sound a tad odd. For homework we had to do a story about one of maurice's adventure's. I decided to do a story of how maurice met the rats. here it is:

Maurice's adventure

Maurice hid behind the bin while he watched the small rat scuttle across the paving stones, clutching a piece of greenish cheese. As the rat began to turn round, Maurice leapt, and trapped the squirming animal in his sharp claws.
“STOP PLEASE!” screamed a voice. Maurice looked round. No one was there. He raised his longest, sharpest claw ready to kill the creature he held, but then... “OH PLEASE STOP, please!” Maurice jumped. The rat had spoken! He peered closely at the rat, who whispered; “Can you understand me?”
“Yes” replied Maurice, shuddering, “ I can”. There was an awkward silence while Maurice slowly raised his paws and let the rat stand up. “I haven't met any other animal who can talk like me yet.” Said Maurice, trying to put aside the fact his stomach was growling, and that he was speaking to a very tasty-looking dish. “N-n-nor h-have I-I-I e-except th-the other r-rats.” There was another long silence, which was broken suddenly by a tough looking rat running round the corner shouting “Nourishing where are you? Nourishing we need to ma-. Nourishing is that you?”
“Yep I'm Nourishing sir.” replied Nourishing “There is a reason that I'm talking to a...”
“Nourishing run! That cat could kill you in five seconds RUN!” The rat turned and began to run back round the corner. It was then that Maurice noticed that the tough-looking rat had lot's of -belts strapped around him with different things hanging off them. Maurice blinked. Rats with belts? Whatever next... he thought. “Darktan? What's the hurry? Nourishing? What are you doing? RUN Nourishing!” yet another rat had tap danced round the corner, shouted a bit and tap danced back again. “Was that rat tap dancing?” cried Maurice. “I must be going insane” he muttered.
“Pardon?” asked Nourishing
“I er must be going bye!” stammered Maurice, and he jumped onto the bin, then a crumbling window ledge, then disappeared out of sight.

“You must have imagined it, cats can't talk!” cried Darktan, as he attempted to knock into Nourishing's head that she mustn't go near cats – even one's that can talk.
“When we were keekees we never dreamed of going near a cat! We never even had dreams!” complained Hamnpork.
“He did talk though I'm sure he did. I wonder what he's doing now...”
As if in answer, Maurice picked his way over the rubbish tip, that the rats lived on. Maurice was a ferrel cat, with greasy fur and a matted tail, that's always up. His needle tipped claws clicked on the floor when he walked, and his green eyes were always on the look out for danger. Although there's nothing much left of his tatty ears from previous encounters with dogs, they'd prick up at the sound of a pin dropping.
Hamnpork didn't really like the concept of thinking, but his brain worked fast when he needed it to. He leant discreetly over to Darktan and hissed; “I'll keep the beast talking and you run with Nourishing!” and he sidled confidently over to Maurice, and declared “This is our home and you are trespass-s-i-ing s-ss-o err-...” he trailed off as Maurice towered over him, and purposefully looked down on him.
“You were saying?” grinned Maurice.
“He was saying you are trespassing on our home, -even if it's a rubbish tip-.”
Maurice looked round. There, balancing on an empty tin, was a small white rat with pink eyes and a wobbly nose. It looked more like a large mouse than a rat.
“Was that you?” asked Maurice, slowly.
“Yes that was me.” replied the small rat. “I'm Dangerous beans and I think,” he turned to Hamnpork: “If you don't mind sir, that we should try and keep together, all us ... hmm what's the word? Ah! Educated rats. Oh and cats.” He turned back to Maurice. “You see we used to be normal rats but then one day we were just milling around after a nice drink of a sort of gooey liquid. Then we all started talking and thinking! It was very strange. But I think we should stick together in case one of us goes and does something silly. Like talk to humans.”
Maurice looked at the rats. “I guess I'll have to ask any rat I catch if it can talk before I eat it then.” He smiled. “Have you ever had dreams about having lots of money, or a place you can stay warm and dry? Well I have a great money making plan that all of us will benefit from!” He looked slowly round at the nodding rats.
“Perfect” he whispered.

If you didn't understand some of the words then ask me in a post. The rats make up some of their own words sometimes so I added a few from the book.

Hope you liked it!

Gabz the gr8 XxXxX

2 Comments:

  • At 7:24 pm, Blogger Lost in Norfolk said…

    Hey - liked the story Gabs! Really different!..My fave characters name was Darktan!

     
  • At 11:02 pm, Blogger The Gabster said…

    hehe LOL can u remember when i didnt know wot LOL meant?

    hehe

    gabz xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Gabbie Hhttp://Gabztex.bebo .com/